Waking up early in the morning is very important and rare, I would say in today’s generation. Our life have been in such a hurry that it somehow spoils our lifestyle. But it depends totally upon us. Here are some tips I’ve been using since a long time and have helped me tremendously.
1. Sleep early: Your sleeping cycle decide a lot. You should take 7-8 hours sleep strictly, otherwise waking up early would result in a lethargic day. And it’s only possible when you’ll sleep early. Secondly, it’s completely not possible laying on the bed and sleeping at the same time. So, try sleeping early so that you’ll fall asleep early.
2. No screen in the last hour of your day: Try not to look at your phone, laptop or computer or television before sleep. The blue light emitted by screens prevents the production of melatonin, the hormone that controls your sleep-wake cycle (or circadian rhythm). This makes more difficult to fall asleep and wake up the next day.
3. Regular exercise: Exercise is one solution for many problems. Exercise is body- heating work. It triggers an increase in body temperature, and after it, there is drop in temperature which promote falling asleep. Exercise also reduce insomnia by decreasing anxiety and depressive symptoms. Simply, fatigue and tiredness brings you sleep.
4. Keep alarm clock far: “Snooze” button is always there. What you do every morning is snooze..snooze..snooze even after setting 3-4 alarm timers. So, trying keeping your alarm at a distance from you, so that you have to get out of the bed to dismiss it. And until you’ll reach it, you are already awake.
5. Change your mental environment: Nothing can be done until you believe you can. Believing is 80% of doing. Change your mindset and it will change your lifestyle.
6. Try reading a book before sleeping: In our childhood, we used to fall asleep listening to the bedtime stories. Try it now too. Read short stories or the one you like. Don’t choose very long stories for bedtime as they’ll make you fall in the story and because of curiosity, it’ll not end early hence, disturbing your sleep cycle.
6. Naps: Don’t take naps after 4 pm because this can make it hard to fall asleep at night. Even a short nap in the early evening can interfere with bedtime. Also, a nap should not be longer than 60 minutes.
Note that repeating any task for 4-5 days won’t help, you need to do it for 21 days to make it a habit and 90 days to make it a lifestyle.