Pizza is so special, just thinking of it can make you hungry!
When we think ‘pizza’ we think ‘Italiano’.
But the origin of pizza goes back to ancient times as the Greeks and Egyptians were known to cook a pizza like flatbread and used olive oil and spices for its topping. However, The “modern pizza” as we know it evolved in Naples Italy, when tomato was added to in the late 18th century.
1. You can order pizza from space: Pizza Hut delivered pizza to astronaut Yuri Usachov at the International Space Station. And it was topped with – extra spices (since tastebuds are dulled in space) and salami (so it wouldn’t mold).
2. Pizza contributed to the basic geometry: There is a mathematical theorem named after pizza- ‘The Pizza Theorem’, it states the equality of two areas that arise when one partitions a disk in a certain way.
3. Pizza reduced the risk of many cancers: Italian researches have claimed that the risk of some cancers are reduced if pizza is consumed once a week. It reduced the risk of developing oesophageal cancer by 59%, colon cancer also fell by 26% & mouth cancer by 34%. And I think this is great!
4. Dogs too, love pizza: Apart from humans, dogs also love the taste of pizza. There’s even a mini pizza for dogs called the “Heaven Scent Pizza” made of flour, carrots, celery, and cheese.
5. Pizza helped to catch a serious killer and prevented many crimes: Pizza helped police to catch an alleged serial killer known as the “Grim Sleeper” in 2010 when an undercover officer took a DNA sample from a slice of pizza the killer had at a family birthday party. Secondly, in 2008 when a pizza delivery man in Florida was confronted by robbers, he threw the hot pizza he was delivering at them and escaped harm.